In the past 6 months I have started using manufacturer coupons and have saved a ton of money. I have so much laundry soap, body wash soap, bar soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes and deodorant we will be good for at least a year and even longer. Most were free or did not cost over $1. I will never again pay full price (or sale price) for any of these items I listed. There is so much that I did not know about couponing such as how you can use a store coupon and a manufacture coupon together or use another grocery stores store coupon at another grocery store. To think all of these years I never knew this…….grrrrrrrr. When I started couponing, someone told me it is like a game. I thought that is kind of an odd way to think of it but now……I think it is a game! Basically, to see how low (or cheap) I can get an item for. Soon I will post an article going into more detail on how to use coupons.
Top 10 Secrets Where to Find Coupons
1. Subscribe to the Sunday paper. I only subscribe to the Sunday and Wednesday papers. Sunday for coupons and Wednesday for the new grocery ads.
2. Tell co-workers you use coupons and if they come across any, pass them onto you.
3. Put a “wanted: coupons” ad on Freecycle. If you are lucky, the person who has the coupons will save them for you each week to pick up. That happened to me!
4. Schools have dumpsters for recycled papers – go to the dumpster and look for coupons (I don’t go in the dumpster – just stick my head in the side hole!)
5. Look in the recycle bin at work.
6. Print coupons off the Internet and sign up with coupon sites.
7. Tell your neighbors you are using coupons and pass any onto you.
8. Put a note on the bulletin board at church or clubhouse that you are wanting coupons.
9. Look for coupons that other coupon people lay by the product at the grocery store for others to use.
10. Go to your favorite product website and sign up for coupons. Most all vendors have this available and are glad to send you coupons to your email address to print out and use. You even get coupons for FREE product sometimes! I like FREE!
Do you use coupons? Where do you get your coupons from?